Preparation for Ultrasound
1. Please fast for 4 hours prior to upper abdomen and whole abdomen examination.
2. Please drink some water to expand your urinary bladder prior to pelvis and whole abdomen examination.
3. Please bring along with your relevant old films/report/DVD.
1. The examination time varies from 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
2. It will be necessary to move the transducer from side to side, up and down and may be swiveled to obtain images during scanning.
3. After the examination, normally the examination will not cause any discomfort and you can return to work as usual after the examination.