Preparation for CT Scan
1. The examination time will vary in length depending on the area being imaged. Average study times range from 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Please bring previous films and reports (if any) for reference.
3. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment for registration.
4. If a contrast medium is administered, the patient may be asked to fast for about 6 hours prior to the procedure.
5. Please wear clothes with no metal and zipper
6. Immediately following the exam, a nurse will observe the patient for possible adverse contrast reactions for about 10 minutes before he can leave the centre.